We are committed to offering a diploma and a certificate course in nutrition and dietetics that will furnish our trainees with appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes using the latest teaching methodologies and technology at its cutting edge. Nutrition and dietetics mainly focuses on how human health can be affected by food and the nutrients therein. It is one of the crucial cadres in the health sector where specialists in this field integrate their dietetics knowledge in the management of patients with various conditions.
- Treatment of severe forms of malnutrition in the inpatient wards
- Medical nutrition therapy for various tropical diseases and also chronic diseases
- Maternal infant and young child nutrition
- Primary health care; prevention of chronic diseases
- Nutrition during emergencies
- Food security and ways of alleviating food insecurity
- Nutrition surveillance in the community
- Food science and food preservation
- Sports nutrition among many others sub-specialties
Minimum requirement shall be KCSE aggregate grade C- or its equivalent as ascertained by ministry of education and KNDI. Mandatory subjects shall be D+ in the following: English, Biology/ biological sciences, Chemistry/physical sciences.
Minimum requirement shall be KCSE aggregate grade D or its equivalent as ascertained by ministry of education and KNDI. Mandatory subjects shall be D in the following: English, Biology/ biological sciences, Chemistry/physical sciences.
The diploma course takes a minimum duration of three years which entails theory in class, skills and lots of clinical and community placement while the certificate course takes a minimum of two years.